I woke today to find the city bleak. The sky was grey, the streets - deserted. I wondered to myself where humanity had gone, why there were no planes in the sky and no cars on the road. It was as if delving into a reality of my heart and seeing that Nobody was in there but me, and somehow that had pushed away everyone. A car drove past, but for seconds was in view. Just like my friends, just passing by. A plane shot over head, just like my lovers; just passing by. A person closed the door to their house, just like my family, closing me off. I was alone. As I was intended to be, alone. My vanity became impulse, allowed me to re-master myself and lure in the shallow animals that fed off of my beauty; They would feed until my beauty had withered, and move on. Just like my self esteem, just passing by.
I drifted to sleep once more, my beauty fading and my personality perfecting itself through my dreams. I woke again to find the city in colour. The sky was raw, the streets - crowded. I wondered how humanity had returned, where the planes had flown from and where the cars were going. I delved into my heart and saw there were many people there, not me. And somehow I had pushed away myself and made room for others; A car pulled up beside me, A plane landed in the distance and the people opened their doors. I was not alone. My vanity became nothing, and the animals; they starved. My true beauty had somehow grown invincible; But I remembered, it was just passing by.
I also remembered the car and the plane, who were not passing by; and would be around to take me on my journey forever. <3
Monday, 3 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment